- Kindness rules our hearts.
- Intellectual honesty and curiosity rules our minds.
- Perseverance and respect for others guides our behavior.
Core Educational Beliefs
- Ability is not fixed; it can increase or decrease based on effort.
- Success is due to hard work.
- All children can increase their ability in all subject areas.
- Engagement is crucial for real learning to occur.
- Children actively construct an understanding of the subject matter at hand. These initial understandings shape how students learn, and they must shape how the curriculum is taught.
- Teach in the ZONE—the place where skills and challenge intersect.
Do to others as you would like done to you. Do not do to others what you do not want done to you.